Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day Twelve-Thirteen: Ko Samet

The stay in Koh Samet, which is one of the smaller Thai islands, will be on the east coast of the island. The reason I am choosing to stay in this area is because it is the most popular destination filled with tiny beaches, restaurants, bars, and spectacular nightlife. I am choosing the more populated area to go because I am a social person, as are my sister and brother, and making friends while on vacation is always exciting - not only are others helpful in giving suggestions as to what you should see and do, if you like the people enough, you begin to plan future trips with them, as I have experienced before.

The seafood in Ko Samet is said to be delicious, and I am hoping that we get to experience the "taste of Thailand" before we head back to the mainland. Along the east coast, there are many restaurants, and since this is our last destination before Bangkok, I am hoping that we get to go to a few restaurants and have smaller meals as opposed to a full meal at one restaurant. After dinner, I would love to enjoy watching the sunset while sitting on the beach and reflecting about the trip thus far.

During the day, I hope that we are able to relax among the many beaches. The reason for this is that, once we are in the big city of Bangkok, the hustle and bustle will keep us busy all day with the sights to see.
Thus far, my dream vacation to Thailand has been adventurous, yet relaxing. I have been able to see the beautiful islands, celebrate with the Thai people, explore the land, and learn about the culture. The last lag of my trip will be the most busy part yet - Bangkok!

http://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/eastern_thailand/rayong/ko_samet
http://wikitravel.org/en/Ko_Samet

No comments:

Post a Comment