Friday, October 29, 2010

Day Four-Five - Koh Samui

My travel plan is to leave Koh Phangan at dusk when the last ferry departs to Koh Samui - which is popular for its jungles and vibrant nightlife. Leaving at dusk was an original issue I came across when deciding what to do for hotel and sleeping purposes that night, but after reading another tourist's blog about her stay in Koh Samui, she recommended that those who are able to do so should sleep on the beaches of Koh Samui. Large trucks that serve as shuttle services, or taxis, bring tourists from dock to the main beach area or designated drop off point. Along the water, which is where I am planning to stay, there are small hotels and hostels available for minimal prices. Even though this is my dream vacation and I would usually want to stay in a luxurious hotel, the idea of staying along the beach and being able to wake up, go into the water, and explore the land seems much more enticing to me.
Upon my arrival, I plan on travelling to and staying at Chaweng beach, which is the largest resort area on the island. Not only is this beach beautiful, it is the beach with the largest selection of shopping for tourists. Aside from the material items available for purchase along the beach, there is a huge market place, many places to dine, and adventure opportunities such as diving and hiking through the jungle. From what I have researched, it seems as though Chaweng has the best night life on Koh Samui and although the beach extends for 6-7 kilometers, I am hoping to conquer the entire thing. The next day will be devoted to exploring the shops and taking in the culture. I am also hoping to do some scuba diving during this day, and there are plenty of dive shops along the beach that I will check out and compare prices to find the best one. I am looking forward to the bustling streets and busy beach filled with tourists and locals. At the end of the day, I will make the trek south from Chaweng to Lamai - which is the second largest beach in Koh Samui.


In Lamai, we will be staying at the Silvadee Pool Spa Resort. Since we have not stayed at any luxurious places yet, I feel that this will be a good opportunity to relax and enjoy ourselves within the resort. During our fifth day, I plan on renting motor bikes to take a small tour of the city. The remainder will be spent relaxing and getting ready for the next portion of our trip - Krabi!



http://samui.sawadee.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko_Samui

No comments:

Post a Comment