Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day Two-Three - Koh Phangan

The full moon party takes place once a month in Koh Phangan. The celebration began when a group of tourists realized that the most beautiful moons were seen on the island of Koh Phangan and it quickly became a tradition. The celebration starts at dusk as tourists and locals watch the moon rise over the bay and light up the white sandy beach. The next part is what I am most looking forward to – the all night celebrations. Since I am the kind of person who is open to all kinds of music, I think that this festival will be perfect for me since throughout the night the music changes from techno, to trance, to drums, to local music. I think that this will be one of the more memorable parts of my trip because I am able to experience a Thai tradition while also getting the opportunity to take part in it and celebrate with them. The Thai people of Koh Phangan have set up the full moon party so that any kind of person – whether it is a young person, middle-aged person, or elderly person - can enjoy himself or herself (there are all kinds of food and drink vendors along the beach, boutiques to purchase local goods and crafts, and live entertainment - such as fire dancers). I think that this is a key factor in keeping tourists attracted to the island party – with something available for everything there is no reason to leave.



Since I believe I will be up all night celebrating the full moon, my next day in Koh Phangan will be dedicated to relaxing and enjoying the beautiful beaches. The white sand and crystal clear water are not something I get to see everyday so I am hoping to soak up as many of the rays as possible. At the end of this day, I plan on taking the last ferry - which leaves around dusk - back to Koh Samui where I will be spending the next two days of my trip.

http://www.kohphangan.com/
http://wikitravel.org/en/Ko_Pha_Ngan

1 comment:

  1. Oakley Titanium Gloves and Slippers - TITNIA
    Oakley 2017 ford focus titanium Titanium men\'s titanium wedding bands Gloves and Slippers. No need to titanium tv carry any jewelry, gloves, and gloves black titanium wedding bands over this gr5 titanium top-end gear. You can easily carry items to the

    ReplyDelete