Saturday, November 13, 2010

Goals and Expectations

When I first realized that Thailand was my number one travel destination, my main reason for wanting to go was for the beautiful beaches and the Full Moon Festival. But, after looking into the trip and researching Thailand as a whole, my goal by the end of this trip is to understand the culture and way of life. I think that worldly knowledge is a very important attribute that people can possess and my goal is to better mine one step at a time.

From this trip, I also have some expectations that I hope follow through. As most tourists do, I also expect hospitality from the Thai people. I think that a main factor in contributing to a country's appeal for tourists is the way the way the tourists are treated while in a land they have never seen before. After speaking to friends and family who have been, I have heard nothing but great things - which makes me expect the same treatment. I also expect to bond with my siblings over the trip - two and a half weeks travelling together is almost sure to do that! Lastly, related to what I said above, I expect to come home from this trip with a bette understanding and appreciation for Thai culture and way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment