Sunday, November 14, 2010

Preparations

In order to prepare for the trip, I will need to have my Canadian dollars changed into bhats, which is the currency in Thailand. Seeing as though this is my dream vacation, I plan on enough funds to cover my entire trip, including all the extra adventures and souvenirs I may want.


1 Canadian Dollar = 29.97170 Thai Baht 
1 Thai Baht (THB) = 0.03336 Canadian Dollar (CAD)


Furthermore, I plan learning some common Thai phrases so I can communicate to the best of my ability with the local people, such as please, thank you, and hello. I think that this will help me during my day to day travels as well as feeling more comfortable in a setting I have never experienced before.

Return flights from Toronto to Bangkok average about $1300 dollars during the first week of November. Prices are cheaper for the seasons that aren't as favourable, such as the extreme heat and rainy times in Thailand. Although the prices are more expensive at the beginning of November, I think the money is well spent for the better conditions I will be experiencing in Thailand.

I also plan to read other travellers blogs to get a good understanding of the culture in Thailand. My hope in doing this is that I get a sense of the types of things I should experience from the trip as well as places that I should make sure I see while I am there. I think that reading other blogs will also help my preparations in that they will make me feel more comfortable once I get to Thailand in regards to what I should be expecting.

I plan to make this trip with my sister and brother, who are both good travel companions. I believe that having a male on the trip will also give us a better sense of protection and safety. We plan on packing as lightly and modestly as possible as we will be making day trips from city to city, and these trips may be by ferry, bus, train, car, or backpacking on our own. We do not want to have more than we need as that will only drag us down. Since we are the type of travellers that seek adventure as opposed to relaxing on the beach all day, my dream vacation will encompass just that. There will be days for relaxing, but for the most part I hope to explore and learn everything I can about Thailand during my stay. Lastly, the most important thing I plan to bring on this trip is a digital camera to capture all the incredible sights to remember the trip for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us .
    ออกแบบ 3D & Perspective

    ReplyDelete