Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day One

My trip will start in the city of Bangkok, but only as an arrival destination. I plan on flying into Bangkok on November 9th and from there, travelling south to the island Koh Phangan. From Bangkok, there are daily flights which fly into the island oh Koh Samui, where there are ferries available to take to Koh Phangun. I looked into reading other blogs from people who have travelled to Koh Samui, and they advised to head to the exit of the airports where there are information booths on transportation to the ferries in order to avoid getting scammed and ripped off by those people who want to take advantage of unknowing tourists. The short ferry ride from Koh Samui to the island is said to be very scenic, and is a short ride as well. My first day will mainly be used for travelling and becoming accustomed to the different norms, attitudes, and way of life in Thailand.

The reason I am travelling south to this island first is because on November 10th 2011, the city of Koh Phangan celebrates the full moon. The monthly full moon party is held in the crescent shaped bay and is an all night celebration that lasts into the morning.

I think that this would be the perfect start to my vacation. From what I have heard from friends and family who have been to the full moon festival, this was the highlight of their trip, and it is something that I am thrilled to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment